Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Tribute to the Martini

While he seems to prefer the *gasp* stirred not shaken method for mixing the martini *gasp*, Cracked.com's Gentleman Bastard has written a wonderful tribute to the Martini.

Personally, I prefer a vodka martini with a twist of lemon, but I will have a gin martini if vodka is not available.  I will also have a cocktail onion, but I hate olives so I try to skip those whenever possible.

I think for the next time I'm watching a Bond film that is not at 8:00 in the morning (thank you USA Network) I might try the Vesper Martini:
  • 3 measures of Gordon's Gin
  • 1 measure of vodka
  • 1/2 measure Kina Lillet
  • lemon peel for garnish
 Or maybe I'll drink James Bond's preferred drink from the books, bourbon (I like mine on the rocks).

Anyhow, enjoy the Martini tribute, and while you're at it, enjoy a good martini too.

No comments:

Post a Comment